Lime. Insurance with a twist.
We’ve created simple, flexible and affordable cover backed by world leading insurers.
Lime is 100% online and helps you work out what you need, when you need it. Life changes all the time, and so should your insurance.
With Lime, you know you have the right cover for the right people at the right time. Over 11 million people in the UK don’t have the life or health protection they need.
We want to change that.
Personalised guidance to help you make the right choice - we want you to have the right amount of cover, at the right time, for the right people. It’s 100% online and easy to use whenever you want. On desktop, tablet or mobile, Lime has got you covered.
What you want is what you get - simple products that do exactly what you want them to; value for money protection and health products that gives you cover when you need it most.
Predict + Prevent
Looking after yourself with the Lime app - launching soon, our wellbeing app, with tools and insight into reducing your risk of future health problems, syncs with your phone, tablet and wearables, helping you track vital health indicators.
Digital insurance vault - never worry about where you store important documents again; your Lime account holds everything securely for you, and you can increase, decrease or cancel your cover as your life changes, at anytime, without penalty.
Lime is very different… because it needs to be.
*16m people in the UK currently don’t have enough or any insurance. Over 11m of them have children and/or a mortgage – real people with real commitments.
It’s not just a few bits of insurance that need fixing.
That’s why we’ve tackled the lot.
*YouGov Life and Health Protection 2017
Lime’s big twist.
Our products are backed by some of the world’s leading insurers, we’ve designed unique, simple and valuable products that you can turn on, off or change as your needs and/or budgets change.
Bundle and pay only for the bits of insurance that you want and need. We’ll be adding lots of new products throughout 2019.
Lime – Life’s Insurances Made Easy.
We’re starting the journey by accident…
But we are starting with accidental death cover.
According to the ONS (Office of National Statistics), nearly 60% of all fatal accidents happen to the under 45s. That still leaves over 40% for older people.
Accidents happen, and can happen to any of us. If you can get the cover you need, at a price you like, then you really can protect your family. Lime is all about simple, useful cover, well-priced.
£100,000 Accidental Death cover for a 37 year old (any gender) starts at £2.30 per month in year 1.
Where are we going next?
We’ve started with a simple product that will help lots of people start their insurance journey.
Looking after yourself, if you are unwell, is where we go next. Our cancer cover is designed to work with the NHS to give you added protection; access to better drugs, specialist nurses and some cash to help cover some of the costs of being ill.
Private medical insurance can be very expensive; we’re stripping out the parts that most people don’t want, and concentrating on the bits you need.
Lime is 100% online and 100% focused on you. That’s how we put the squeeze on costs.
Lime is what happens when you combine specialist industry know-how with cutting edge technology. Together, the two have helped us to create an original type of business that is free from unnecessary costs, and a new type of insurance that focuses on giving you just what you need, when you need it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Flexible to grow with you.
Our vision has enabled us to build Lime and create a system to tailor-make products that can be adjusted, real-time, to the big and small changes in your life.
With Lime, you can get insurance anytime, change your policy as your lifestyle changes and cancel, anytime. And without penalty, anytime.
When you take insurance with Lime, you will be set up with a secure digital office with all your documents for easy reference.
Accidental Death Cover.
Our first offer is individual Accidental Death Cover. This pays out a cash lump sum if the person insured dies, due to an accident, during the policy term.
At Lime, you can cancel your policy without penalty. If you do choose to cancel your policy within the first 14 days, we will refund your first premium in full. If you stop your payments at any other time, we’ll have to cancel your policy, without refund, and your cover will end when your next premium was due.
This isn’t a savings or investment product; put simply, there is no cash value unless a valid claim is made. Inflation may reduce the value of your cover. That’s why you can change your cover whenever you want.
All the details can be found here: Accidental Death Insurance Product Information Document